mclaren health plan michigan

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/14 10:23 am - warren, MI

I just got mclaren health plan and have picked a surgeon and am beyond ready to do this. has anyone had WLS with mclaren and what did they require you to do first? how long is the wait? 

SarahI
on 5/11/14 11:32 pm - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

I had my surgery through McLaren Northern Michigan, and the first step was going to the seminar and filling out the necessary paperwork.  From there they call you to have a one on one with their team to go through the requirements and what your insurance may require of you also.  Good luck to you!

SARAH

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/14 4:58 am - warren, MI

i went to the seminar and i have an appt this week. I was just wondering what insurance hoops you have to go thru I have mclaren insurance and curious if they require you to lose any weight what tests they require first before they approve you 

SarahI
on 5/13/14 12:14 am - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

I have BCBS Michigan and my BMI was 42, so i was required to do 6 months of weight management classes.  I am glad i did them because i learned a lot and am better for going thru them. But I am not familiar with McLarens insurance so you would have to ask someone who has their insurance or talk to the doctors office to find out from them. They are usually very helpful and happy to go over any questions you might have.  They will probably go over this all at your first appt/consult with them.   

SARAH

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1376 views