Family Strain - embracing the positive

m1randa55
on 5/10/14 10:40 pm - Brantford, Canada

Happy Mother’s Day to me, yes to me.

Today I need to celebrate myself and the fact that I gave birth to three amazing human beings. My efforts in their raising have been far from perfect. But I can take part in celebrating their compassion and levity. The good in me has become part of the good in them.

Today I will enjoy all that is good about being a mom and all that is wonderful about my children. I will focus on what works, not what is challenging. I will put regret and guilt in a box on the shelf and be present in our time together.

My kids are my blessing. It is not up to me to decide whether or not I deserve them. They are already mine. I will enjoy this special day. I will really feel their hugs and take in their warm smiles. I will be grateful that it is love that continues to bring us together

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

m1randa55
on 5/11/14 12:29 am - Brantford, Canada

I hope this post might help someone along with me, focus on the love of their family and let go of any strain...even if its just for today

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Most Active