Weight gain

marby
on 5/12/14 6:29 am

Hello

I had gastric bypass almost 4 months ago and have been losing weight steadily and almost achieved 60 pounds.  This week I actually gained three pounds. I am about 20 lbs away from goal.  Can anyone share their opinions and experiiences

Thanks

Ladytazz
on 5/12/14 11:56 am

Unless you have eaten over 10500 calories over what your body needs to maintain it is doubtful that those three pounds is fat.  Most likely water gain.  Is it around that time of month?  Just drink lots of water (not drinking enough will cause your body to retain water to make up for what it needs).  I know it is upsetting to see the scale go up instead of down but in the long term, as long as you are eating less calories then you burn you will continue to lose weight.  Most likely next week you will see a loss of those 3 pounds with some extra to boot.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

White Dove
on 5/12/14 10:59 pm - Warren, OH

It does get harder every month.  Make sure you are following your plan.  Tracking food and exercise is always a good thing.  The weight loss is so easy right after surgery.  Be sure you are not learning how to overeat your pouch. 

These first months after surgery are when it is so important to make sure you are learning eating habits that will keep the weight off when the surgery no longer does that for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

marby
on 5/13/14 12:16 am

How do I know when I've over eaten the pouch

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/14 6:31 am

Yes sounds like water weight! Sounds like you are doing great btw!

Can I ask a little more about your meals? Do you do 3 meals a day with snacks or break it down to 6 smaller meals? Are you doing any meal replacements?

I have found 6 smaller meals to most beneficial for me, but everyone is a bit different, and I have a meal replacer that I use for one to two meals a day which is giving me all the nutrients, minerals, and vitamins in a liquid form which is easily absorbed and used by the body. It fills me up! It keeps me from diving into my cravings!

~Kara

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1400 views