NO INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR BARIATRIC SURGERY

bethgordon
on 5/13/14 4:37 am - passaic, NJ

Hi,

I have wanted lap band surgery for years, my insurance does not cover it.  I cannot appeal as it is excluded from the policy.  I am a single mom with a limited income and I'm desperate.  In NY Bellvue hospital has a clinic that only charges $5000 for the surgery but they won't accept NY residents.   I am looking for a clinic in NJ that will perform the surgery at a reduced fee.

Hislady
on 5/13/14 5:12 am - Vancouver, WA

Please don't waste your hard earned money on a band they are the least efficient of all the weight loss surgeries and can cause permanent damage to your esophagus and stomach. I can't urge you strongly enough to avoid it at all costs, I had one and will have to pay for the removal that I had done but it ios worth whatever that is to have gotten it out. I only know of a very few people who are happy with theirs/

Flygirlmedic
on 5/13/14 5:24 am

I would look into the sleeve. I had mine 11 weeks ago and I have had 2 friend now that had to have their bads removed and then get sleeved.

I also didn't hvae the inusrance coverage since I didn't have to co-morbitities. I used Care Credit to pay for mine. The interest is low and the monthly payments are managable.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

bethgordon
on 5/13/14 6:05 am - passaic, NJ

thank you, what is the cost for a sleeve? 

bethgordon
on 5/14/14 4:41 am - passaic, NJ

I live in NJ and I am looking for a DR/Facility here that charges about $5800.

Flygirlmedic
on 5/13/14 6:26 am

Mine was $5800 for the sleeve, that included all my pre-op protein as well.  I paid that out of pocket and the hospital billed my insurance for the hernia repair.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

ashlee00
on 5/14/14 4:28 am - Fort Lee, VA
with

Where did you get it done? I was looking into Mexico, but that price is even cheaper..

pebtash
on 5/13/14 7:47 am
VSG on 11/25/14

The place I might be going to don't even do the band any more. If you was willing to pay 5000. Maybe you should check into going to Mexico I might change my mind and go the sleeve there is advertised I think is was either 3699 or 3999 but still cheaper than 5000. I've been looking into it and found many good reports on it. Just something to think about. Good luck in what ever you decide.

MsBatt
on 5/14/14 7:50 am

PLEASE don't choose your WLS procedure or your WL surgeon based solely on price. This is a decision that will affect the rest of your life, and you really want to get the very best that you can manage.

It's better to wait and save up some money than to rush into surgery with the cheapest option. THIS SURGERY CAN KILL YOU. Mostly it doesn't, but please take all possible caution.

Most Active