RYN Issues, 4 yrs post op

Cranerland
on 5/13/14 7:20 am

Recently had a revision of RNY with a feeding tube placement. I dropped to 109, 30 pounds under what I should be.  Currently up to 114. I have been battling this for 3 years!!  All went downhill after GB surgery 9 months after RYN.  I just never seemed to recover and dropped 35 lbs in 3 weeks.  Had exploratory surgery 1 year after GB and had adhesion take down and hernia repair.  My main issues are absorption, abdominal pain and chronic diarrhea episodes where I drop 5-10 lbs and have to have IV' s for dehydration. I have been to every type of doctor...every new specialty seems to find an issue.  There is now talk of possibly reversing my bypass due to malnutrition.  I am supposed to supplement 1800 calories per day thru my feeding tube...it's hard to meet that and still eat my regular meals.  Which are actually not meals...I graze because of severe nausea issues.  Right now it's hard to determine if this is RNY related or just the other stuff causing all the issues...

mama_dee54
on 5/14/14 8:11 am

So sorry to hear your having such trouble. Hope they get all figured out for you soon !

Most Active