surgery in 58 hrs

time2shne
on 5/12/14 2:02 pm
VSG on 05/15/14

Today has been a emotional roller coaster with my surgery date fast approaching .Went and seen my dr today for pre op and he gave me some comfort .Please share your stories on how you prepared for the big day ..Thank you 

Mary Gee
on 5/13/14 12:11 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hi - I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow, 5/14.  I'm right on the roller coaster with you!!  I've got loads of things stocked up.  Have lots of protein powder samples I ordered - didn't want to buy big tubs because they say your tastes might change post-op.  I've got 8 boxes of Carnation Instant Breakfast, because I've got to drink four of them a day for my first three weeks out.  Bought some cooking supplies - mini muffin and loaf pans, food scale, measuring cups, child-sized cutlery/plates.  I'm going out today to pick up my vitamins.

With regard to the hospital - I'm bringing lip balm and myself.  From what I've read, everything else is provided.  

Emotions are running high, to say the least.  I'm not concerned about the surgery itself.  It's just the thoughts of how different things will be after.  But I'm totally committed to make this work.  Big changes in eating habits, that's for sure!!  I'm expecting improvements in mobility and stamina.  Will be joining a gym, etc.  And I think of how every-day things will improve - like not worrying about what chair to sit in, being able to buckle up in my car, buying clothes in a store instead of a catalog, etc.

Life is going to get so much better!!  Good luck to you - it's just hours away now!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

time2shne
on 5/13/14 2:58 pm, edited 5/13/14 2:58 pm
VSG on 05/15/14

Thank you and same to you.Tomorrow is your big day !Very interesting on the instant brekfast,I love them but my dr has me on clear liquids for a week .I have a tub of isopure and it taste really good and has a great amount of protein .My nerves have been more on the surgery itself.I know I will be ok afterward .I am very strong willed ! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow and your journey ahead ..Be blessed 

SJones7208
on 5/13/14 12:13 am
RNY on 04/17/14

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  I too was very apprehensive; although I knew I wanted the surgery, I honestly never thought I'd have the nerve to go through with it.  A couple of days before the surgery, I went to YouTube and looked for some relaxation exercises and I did them over a few times before I got it down.  The day before surgery, I did a lot of praying and talking to God.  I knew I had to be brave for my family but more importantly myself knowing it would not benefit me by going in to the hospital nervous and broken down.  I went on a couple of long walks to help with the nervousness too.  

Remind yourself of the reasons why you're doing this and know that you're worth it!!  You'll do great...keep going and don't look back.  Best of luck!

Stephanie

time2shne
on 5/13/14 3:03 pm
VSG on 05/15/14

Thank you very much! I am going to check that out. Less than 40 hrs to go! No turning back now .

Most Active