Am I setting myself up for failure?

MKing214
on 5/13/14 12:21 am - omaha, NE

ok...im planning on having the ds. i have a way different goal wt from surgeon.  i know i will never be thin...however im 5'1 currently at 366. i would be delighed to get to 150. am i wishing for too much? anyone else start out super heavy and loose over 200? i think its possible

MKing214
on 5/13/14 12:25 am - omaha, NE

im very deternined and i want to maje the most of this tool. but oncr i shared my thouggts they say tgat im wanting too much and shoukd just shhot for a goal of 200.....i dont know what to think. sorry for choppy on cell and it sucks. thanks fir any imput

poet_kelly
on 5/13/14 12:49 am - OH

Well, it's up to you.  I'm three inches taller than you and I would have been really unhappy if I only got down to 200.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 5/13/14 12:48 am - OH

sure, it's possible.  I would think at just 5'1" you would probably have no trouble getting to 150.  What does your surgeon think is a reasonable goal?

My goal was to get to a normal bmi.  I am 5'4" and my goal was 140.  I actually got down to 122 but then gained a bit back.  Now I'm around 140-145 and happy with that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Castine1234
on 5/13/14 9:32 am
RNY on 05/06/14

That's my goal at 5'4" just one week out.  140#.  

Tracy D.
on 5/13/14 12:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I think it's entirely possible - 5'1" and 150 is more than realistic.  Especially since you're getting the DS, you'll have the lifetime malabsorption piece going in your favor.   Go for it!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Bette B.
on 5/13/14 1:47 am

It's certainly possible. But please don't set your heart on a number because if you DON'T reach that number, you'll never be happy. Based on the number on the scale, I'm not happy, but based on how much better I feel, how much healthier I am and how much ass I kick at the gym, I'm thrilled!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/13/14 3:12 am

I know people that lost more than that, so of course it's possible. You are getting the DS, which is the most likely to get you to goal of any surgery, so just make the most of that honeymoon phase.

Maximize your loss the first year or two. Don't bother with white carbs just because you are able to eat them, and can still lose despite them. Again, maximize your loss. There will be time to have a piece of cake when you reach your goal. I think your goal sounds very do-able with the DS.

HarvestMoon1974
on 5/13/14 3:26 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

It absolutely can be done! I started out at 378 and got down to 174 after my RnY. I regained a bit, but am now back down to about 185, and headed downward. I'm 5' 10 and have a very large frame, so 170-175 is about where I want to stay. Your goal is definitely an attainable one.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

56sunShine14
on 5/13/14 3:59 am

And my 2 cents...even if you only lose half that amount, it's far better than nothing.  Right?  I am your weight, looking for the sleeve and I fully intend to get to goal.

Most Active