That Moment When You Realize How Big You Really Are

Crystal M.
on 5/13/14 12:25 pm, edited 5/13/14 12:45 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

So, at work last weekend we participated in a community gardening event. They took lots of pictures. I realized I was more than twice the size of all of the other women in the photos.   :-( I am pre-op. My surgery is going to be the end of June some time (vsg). I have been so excited and feeling great. I am 33 pounds down from the pre-op diet. Now I feel really down. I have been avoiding pics for a while now. Now I remember why...

MickeyDee
on 5/13/14 1:25 pm

Hang in there, Kid.  You'll be fighting the Good Fight and winning very soon.  Keep that photo for next year so you can show your triumph.

Laura Loses Lots
on 5/13/14 4:04 pm - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Hang in there hun!  I understand completely. I'm also going through the prep process and I can't wait for my new life to start!  You're way closer to surgery than I am though! 

Valerie G.
on 5/13/14 10:14 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The crazy thing is that I had realized it AFTER I had my DS.

My dad sent me a photo that he took the year before I had surgery, and I swear I looked like sasquatch.  I was devastated and started choking up to cry.  I then realized that it wasn't me anymore, and thanked God for my DS!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 5/13/14 11:16 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh how well I remember those days   I was the queen of avoiding all pictures, avoiding mirrors, etc.  You go for so long without looking and then - WHAM! - you catch a glimpse of yourself in a window or see a pic that somebody took at the holidays and it's a fast train ride to depression-town.   

Keep that picture somewhere so that you can remind yourself of how bad it was and how you never want to be there again.  I'll be looking for you on the loser's bench! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Crystal M.
on 5/16/14 8:33 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Thanks everyone! I know I am on the road to recovery! I am going to be a success. I just have to be patient and diligent!

All things in good time!

Most Active