6 years out, getting 3 procedures done today. Hernia repairs, and RNY Revision.

Harry Potter
on 5/13/14 5:19 pm - Hollywood, FL
Had original RNY on 04/14/2014, 2nd day out found out the bowel was twisted, had to re-open and repair. Went from 261 to 162, then got pregnant in 2009, had 2nd daughter Nov. 2010. The weight never went back down, had an Upper GI and found out my pouch was quite large.
CURRENT: Had 3rd daughter in Dec. 2013, had abdominal pain, performed GI scope, CT Scan, and Ultrasound. Concluded I had 2 hernias. 1 Ventral, 1 Hiatal, also had a large amounts of adhesions and scar tissue. Having both hernias repaired and a Gastric RNY Bypass Revision TODAY 05/14/2014. Can't sleep.
Wondering if this time it would be open or laparoscopically done. What kind of mesh is going to be used, for the ventral hernia....It looks like I'm having triplets it is that large, I had no clue about the hiatal hernia, since I had no symptoms of that one. 7am is the time I need to be at the hospital.
Originally was just going to have the hiatal hernia and RNY repair done first then 4-6 months later fix the ventral, but said I would have to endure the pain all that time...oh no.
Need to get back ton track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revision RNY 05/14/2014

Current Weight: 197

sp1209
on 5/14/14 10:16 am - AL

I sure hope everything went well today with your procedures. Please post an update when you are able.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1449 views