test for smoking

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 10:32 am - warren, MI

I went for my first visit at the surgeons office and I told her I was willing to quit smoking which i am I already planned on it but I am not willing to not use an ecig and she told me that is perfectly fine they do test but its not a nicotine test they test for a chemical only found in cigarettes does anyone know what that chemical is because now im really curious lol

poet_kelly
on 5/15/14 10:55 am - OH

I have no idea.  Why not ask her?

I am surprised, though, that she's not concerned about the use of nicotine.  I take it you're not concerned, either, about the increased risk of infection and poor wound healing that is associated with nicotine use?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 1:52 pm - warren, MI

I guess there were just so many other things I was thinking about that what they test for wasnt terribly important at the moment it wasnt until after I realized I was curious about it. 

I am not concerned because I dont deal with stress and I know that it is unhealthy and that there is an increased risk for things but I am not sure that I could handle kicking the habit all together who knows maybe by surgery I wont even need it but im not going to stress over it. and quitting when you live with a mom who smokes 2 packs a day is not an easy thing to do.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1428 views