Scared progressing through diets

Sandie E.
on 5/18/14 7:14 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

I am scared as I sip the "full liquid" since I am transitioning today from clear to full. I decided to try cream if chicken soup and have only put down an ounce but I have anxiety about how it feels and if my new tummy will or won't like it. I can't imagine how this will be transitioning to soft foods in a couple weeks. 

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

burghblonde
on 5/18/14 9:20 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I had my surgery on the 12th. I didn't get anything down except for a small amount of tea and G2 when I left the hospital on Wednesday. I had horrific nausea and gas pains and bloating. Finally Friday everything broke...no pun intended...and I was able to get more fluids in, and just yesterday I was able to start sipping protein shakes and soup. It will get easier day by day. As my doc told me..if the only thing you can get in for a week is fluids, the most important thing right now is to stay hydrated. Oh, and my best friend has still been sugar free Popsicles...the tropical ones are amazing!!! Best of luck! 

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/14 12:40 pm - OH

I think you are being overly fearful. Most people have very little trouble eating after WLS.  (The people who DO are the ones who post about it, so it seems like there are more of them.)

My surgeon allowed patients to eat soft foods on Day Three after surgery (one day of liquids, one day of full liquids, and then on to soft foods if there were no problems on Day Two). Your "new tummy" isn't nearly as delicate as you may fear.

Just be cautious of how quickly you drink/eat as you try new things so you will know if something doesn't agree with you before it makes you really sick.  I didn't throw up at all until I was 18 months out.  I did have a few things make me nauseous, but it usually passed fairly quickly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sandie E.
on 5/18/14 2:56 pm - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Thank you for the responses. I think it is just an internal fear (more in my head) since we don't know what will or won't agree and we don't know what full feels like yet when it is so new. 

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

MrsD68
on 5/19/14 1:16 am

Just go slow, and you will be fine... It is amazing how your body rebounds.. It only took me 3 weeks to get to the soft foods, and I am now one month post op, and pretty much tolerate most anything.. It is always trial and error, I cannot stand EGGS, or eggbeaters. I tried for 4 days straight, threw up everytime. Some people cannot do bacon or sausage, I can eat that fine. I dont "dump" so I am trying to be very careful with the sugar contents to not over do things. I lived on EDYS Outshine juice bars, they have veggie/fruit mixed ones that have low sugar content, and are healthy, and tasty... whatever you can tolerate.. I cant stand water anymore, and I was an avid water drinker, now I have to live on crystal light.. it is a learning curve for sure. Good luck!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/19/14 1:29 am

There was so such thing as clear liquids on my plan, I came home putting nourishment into you body in the form of protein drinks.  I found water was harder to tolerate because I could hear it dribbling through my new stomach the protein seemed much easier to actually get down.

Sparklingbeauty53
on 5/19/14 11:51 am

You are stronger than you think!  Just follow your doctor's instructions and you won't have problems!  You are amazing and so is your new tummy!

I am grateful for my RNY!Sparkling Marcia

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1324 views