3 years post-op RNY

peanutsmama
on 5/19/14 3:40 am - NY

Hi All,

I just passed my 3 year mark from my lap RNY and I've lost 232 lbs...and I'm having a very hard time with food...I crave chocolate all the time, I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to do anything...I just want to eat...and not gain weight (lol, I know).

When does the addiction end?  When will I feel normal? What is normal? Why do I still see the fat girl in the mirror even though I see the truth on the scale?  Why do I feel like every bite is the first bite of one too many?  I feel like I'm just waiting for the whole world to fall down all around me.

It's very disheartening...any suggestions?  I do see a therapist...but am seeking another person who's actually been where I am.

Thanks!

lisa2job
on 5/19/14 9:35 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12

food is an addiction,  so therapy is good.   I am just shy of 2 years out and havnt hit goal yet but it sure wasnt for my sleeve it works fine ,  its me that wants that cookie or chocolate  or to eat fattening foods and not track how many calories i am taking in ....  i think food was something for years we built around ourselves and it was our comfort, our best friend and made everything ok or at least we felt it did.  take one day at a time that is all you can do and remember how you felt after you lost the weight could were normal clothes ect.. !!!  

Most Active