Has anyone else had WLS w/umbilical hernia repair?

theamazingtif
on 5/19/14 1:50 pm - Rockwall, TX

I'm almost 3 months post op. Hooray! I'm gonna live! :) Last week, I started having some abdominal pain. It feels like it's in the muscle. There's an ache down on side of my abdomen and it's very tender where the hernia used to be.  Does anyone have any experience with this?? I'm really hoping it's normal.

new_me180
on 5/19/14 2:42 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I had an umbilici hernia repair with my RNY. After the initial excruciating pain around the belly button, i never had any pain after. Might be a good idea to call the doc to make sure the hernia didn't reopen. Good luck

theamazingtif
on 5/19/14 2:57 pm - Rockwall, TX

The initial pain after the repair was horrible, right?? I was not prepared for that! I've had some pain issues off and on since then. The follow up Dr., not my original surgeon, has always said he doesn't know and shrugs it off. I'm really hoping it's not serious. I mean it could be nerves or the abdominal wall healing, right?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/19/14 8:26 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I did and I had that.  It was a burning pain. Doctors explained it was caused by nerves re-connecting. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

theamazingtif
on 5/19/14 10:09 pm - Rockwall, TX

That makes me feel MUCH better!  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/19/14 11:20 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Try a heating pad or an ice pack.  It lasted a couple of weeks.  I made two trips back to the surgeon over this pain -- it was often searing to the left of my bellybutton -- where no seeming incisions were located.  Both times I was advised the nerve thing.  It literally disappeared overnight one day.  I spent another week being overly cautious because I was afraid it would come back!

Of course, I am not a dr nor can we be certain it is the same for you.  When in doubt, check with your doctor… that's why they make the big $$$!  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

theamazingtif
on 5/19/14 11:33 pm - Rockwall, TX

No, I think you're on to something. To the left of the belly button is where it hurts the most. Its a burning sensation like you described. I can call my Dr's office but I'm sure they'll say they don't know. 

Most Active