What u bought during liquid diet.

jmgrant81
on 5/18/14 7:13 pm - deltona, FL

What items did you buy during liquid diet and how difficult was it?  Also, can someone tell me where you can get muscle milk light and is the same as the 100 calorie muscle milk?  Thanks!

LvnLf5
on 5/18/14 10:55 pm
with

I have my protein shakes -- I thought I was going to do ok with dairy, but almost all dairy gives me issues -- it just doesn't like to go down, so there went yogurt, I can tolerate about 1/4 cup milk in with water in my shakes.  I really like the Pacific Brand Cream of soups - cream of chicken and cream of mushroom - they are concentrated so I dilute with 3/4 c. water and 1/4 c. milk (they are the 8 oz size) and then strain.  Liquid hasn't been that difficult, I get full quickly and even though the idea of food seems nice, the thought of putting it in my new pouch and subjecting it to the food is not appealing.

Good Luck!

VSG scheduled 05/06/14

SJones7208
on 5/19/14 12:09 am
RNY on 04/17/14

Good morning!

I am one month post op and the liquid diet wasn't as difficult as my head thought it would be.  I drank my Syntrax Nectar whey isolate protein shakes (from Vitamin Shoppe or online at Amazon).  The strawberry and chocolate are my favorite as they take like Nestle Quik to me.  I also made sure that I didn't use any type of dairy milk and continue to use almond milk.  You will find that some almond milk have more calcium that regular milk and it won't upset your tummy like regular milk might.  You can also get Lactaid.  The first two weeks I had sugar free pudding, popsicles, plain Greek yogurt mixed with Crystal Light or any other sugar free drink mix you choose.  I had Campbell's low fat condensed chicken soup, strained cream of wheat and sugar free Jello. 

I also started my eating very small using 2 tbls at a time and waiting to see if I could tolerate whatever it is I'm eating.  After the second week, I started to stay hungry after eating a 1/4 cup of whatever I was eating and increased my intake to 1/3 of a cup.  Now, depending on what I'm eating, 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup is perfect for me. 

Good luck!

Stephanie

Mac333
on 5/19/14 7:44 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

You can get Muscle Milk light at Walmart. I bought propel water because 

I liked it before surgery. I also bought crystal light flavored tea and lemonade, Gatorade . Like many of the posts recommend don't buy too much because tastes change. After surgery I couldn't stand propel and didn't use the crystal light. I stuck to water,broth,tea, and Gatorade. 

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Sparklingbeauty53
on 5/19/14 9:07 am

My favorite discovery was popsicles.  Sugar free of course but I had forgotten how refreshing they could be!  I was blessed as a local chef made me chicken broth to use with my cream of chicken soup and it was very delicious.  I now make crystal light ice cubes to suck on to help with the liquid requirements since water sometimes is hard to get down.  Soup and protein shakes are my go to foods-I make the shakes with almond milk or water.  I haven't tried milk.    

I am grateful for my RNY!Sparkling Marcia

Most Active