never reached my goal weight and now im stuck

souledout
on 5/21/14 7:40 am
RNY on 01/04/12

Hello,

I guess I just want some advise or someone to understand.  I had surgery in 2011 and only lost 80lbs since. I have struggled with no support at home or from the surgeons staff or office. The only advise i get is drink your shake and eat your 1 meal.  I am so frustrated to the point of depression, again!  this year my husband has decided to have surgery and he has lost alot of weight.  He feels like a bone.  When i asked him did you feel my body getting smaller he replied " no"  wow what encouragement.  I am self motivated in all other areas work, teaching, preaching.  But Satan gets me everytime with my weight.  I look in the mirror and i don't see beautiful anymore i only see fat, AGAIN. I am so scared that i will get back to where i was.  i have tried talking to my doctor and that does not work.  I have a consultation with another doctor who wants $1000.00 transfer service care fee and another dr. who won't even take my doctors patients. thanks for listening

emotionally exhausted!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/21/14 10:11 am
RNY on 12/31/13

This may come off as harsh, but one thing I notice in your post is that everyone else is responsible for your weight loss.  You mention your husband, your surgeon, his staff, and even Satan.  I think that it will be hard to be successful until you make yourself accountable and act as your own greatest supporter.  You mentioned that you were told to drink one shake and eat one meal.  That is unlike any plan I have ever heard.  Are you certain that is your plan?  Are you eating protein first, logging you food and drinking enough water?  You mentioned that "talking to my doctor doesn't not work," but are you following his advice?

If you are having trouble grazing, overeating or binging -- could talking to someone about those issues help you get back on track?  It's hard to know why you are having problems unless you can identify what you are doing to cause the problem.  

I also wanted to add that you needn't compare yourself with your husband.  You are beautiful whether you are fat or not.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Mary Gee
on 5/21/14 11:25 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Set up an appointment with your doctor or nutritionist to review what you are eating/drinking.  Based on most plans I've read about, you should be getting at least 60 grams or protein, and at least 64 oz. of water and keeping your carbs under 40 grams a day.  You should be eating your protein:  meat first, then veggies, then fruit.  Weigh and measure your protein and log it on myfitnesspal or loseit.

I am newly post-op and am still on full liquids only - so I haven't gotten to pureed foods and full foods yet - I'm just repeating what I've read - contact your doctor's office for your plan.  You have to rely on yourself to be "on plan" - no one else can do it for you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Linda_S
on 5/21/14 11:30 am - Eugene, OR

Well, I'm normally for everyone is responsible for their own weight loss, but I've got one big question for you.  Did your surgeon really tell you to have protein shakes and one meal?  That is just NUTS in my opinion.  You need to be eating a healthy variety of foods.  Did your husband go to the same surgeon?  Did your surgeon send you to a nutritionalist?  I lost about 85 pounds.  Didn't get to my goal weight, but I was very comfortable where I was.  I gained a bit of it back, but slowly am losing it again.  I've been eating 5-6 small meals a day.  That's what my surgeon recommended.  I know some insist on three meals and no snacks.  I've never heard of shakes and one meal.  That does not sound healthy.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

souledout
on 6/2/15 7:34 pm
RNY on 01/04/12

WOW! I HAD NO IDEA SO MANY PEOPLE HAD READ MY POST. WELL IT IS A LITTLE OVER A YEAR LATER AND I AM STILL AT 199 AND FRUSTRATED I HAVE SINCE BEGAN LOGGING MY FOODS, SWIMMING, WALKING WITH THE PEOPLE AT WORK. MY JOB IS HEALTHY ORIENTED AND LIKE US TO TAKE BRISK WALKS AND STRETCHES, I AM BLESSED! SO RIGHT NOW WE ARE LOGGING OUR STEPS AND TAKING A TRIP AROUND THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD I AM THE TEAM LEADER AND I HAVE 9 PEOPLE FOLLOWING ME.  TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS. 

1. YES THAT WAS THE ADVISE GIVEN ME DRINK 3 SHAKES AND ONE MEAL PER DAY. 

2. YES MY HUSBAND USED THE SAME SURGEON

3. TRUE I AM ACCOUNTABLE... BUT SUPPORT IS GOOD. HARSH WAS A GOOD WORD FOR YOUR RESPONSE. 

I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY AND BE BEAUTIFUL HOW I AM AND ALSO CONTINUE TO GET HELP FROM A DIFFERENT SURGEON. 

Most Active