2.4lbs in 3 days?

theamazingtif
on 5/22/14 2:52 am - Rockwall, TX

My 3 month surgiversary is 5/25. I'd like to say I lost 60lbs in 3 months but I'm 2.4lbs away. Any tips on dropping 2lbs fast??  

Cunning_Pam
on 5/22/14 4:58 am
RNY on 12/18/13

This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'd encourage you to not worry about dropping those 2 pounds "fast". While 60 pounds is a nice round number, 58 is still a very, very good number! I do hear what you're saying about it feeling a bit better to have a 6 in the front of your loss number instead of a 5, really I do. As someone who can almost reach out and touch 100 pounds gone, I feel you! But trying to lose a certain amount of weight in a short period of time is just diet and deprivation mentality. I think you'd be better off to simply re-evaluate your adherence to your program and commit to doing the best that you can at it. The weight will come off if you do so...it may not do it in a time table you'd prefer, but it will come off nonetheless!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/22/14 5:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Is that really important to you?

One thing we should all learn after WLS is to avoid fad diets to achieve short term results.  Your surgery and the food you choose to eat now should help you to develop healthy eating habits for the future.  Look at the long term, not the short term for weight loss success.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tracy D.
on 5/22/14 5:57 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm just a few days short of one year out so take this for what it's worth:  it's time to stop focusing on short-term results and start looking to what you can do long-term to improve your health.  And anything that will "help" you lose more than 2 lbs. in a couple days is not going to be healthy for you.  You've lost 58 lbs. in 3 short months - that's amazing progress and something to be very happy about!  When was the last time you dropped 58 lbs. in less than 3 months? 

I understand wanting to get to that "magical" number, truly I do...but believe me when I tell you that this kind of thinking and focus on quick results is going to trip you up later down the line.   

Congratulations by the way on a fabulous 3 months! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/14 6:01 am

Poop

theamazingtif
on 5/22/14 6:17 am - Rockwall, TX

LOL Basset!  Easier said than done. 

No, it's really not all that important to me. I just like the roundness of an even number. I won't be heartbroken if I don't get there.  It just sounds nice.  

I don't think I've wrapped my head around what I've lost so far. I can see the loose skin under my arms but don't feel like I'm any smaller. I know, I know. That's nuts!

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/14 6:39 am

When I start thinking about numbers I go and think of NSVs they are so important. I think just how good you feel now.I know it is hard to not think about the number I do it all the time. I have three pounds to lose and I will be at 100 but I am trying to focus on how I am feeling.

theamazingtif
on 5/22/14 6:46 am - Rockwall, TX

Basset 97lbs is amazing!!!! You've done a great job. What are NSV's?

Cunning_Pam
on 5/22/14 7:07 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm not 3BH, but an NSV is a Non Scale Victory. Something good that doesn't have to do with a number on the scale, like not needing an airline seat belt extender, or feeling your collarbones.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/14 10:12 pm

I think my biggest NSV was flying for the first time without a seat belt extender.

Most Active