Big surprise yesterday

Lisa167
on 5/23/14 12:21 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I went in for my ESD study, and two follow up appts with my NUT and NP yesterday.  (My appt with my surgeon isn't until the end of June.)

The ESD was first in the day.  The stuff I had to drink wasn't so bad. Didn't mind it at all.

So off to my appts.  Got weighed in.  I was down 7 lbs (yay).  I think I'm down a bit more, but after the test, and then stopping in the caf for some fluids (decaf coffee & water) afterwards, well...I'm happy with a 7lb loss, lol.  (It's been 4 weeks, it started to come off fast, nothing much for two weeks... I've all ready stalled.  Story of my life. lol)

Any how, they're super happy with my progress and the changes I've made, following the program, attending the classes, etc.  The big surprise was that they're going to go ahead and get me a surgery date!   You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Starting in a week they'll open up the bookings for August.  So I'll hear from the schedulers in week or so and start setting up the pre-op appts, etc.  That means surgery in August!  AUGUST!!

What's weird is the rest of the day I was happy...cranky...happy...cranky.  I guess I've hit that emotional roller coaster I've heard about.  But I'm really HAPPY!!!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/23/14 1:20 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Well, that's a good surprise, then! Grats on getting that much closer to having a surgery date.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active