Sharp pain on my left side under chest near rib cage

lara86
on 5/23/14 3:52 am - Canada

I had my RNY feb 30 2014 and have already lost 60lbs and feel and look great..lol. A few weeks ago I was laying on the couch just relaxing and my 5year old decide to jump on me...on my stomach mostly. A few days later everytime I eat I get this sharp stabbing pain on my left side by the rib cage underneath my chest... It's only painful when I try to eat, it doesn't have to be a full meal it's just one bite. I was trying to research and all I found was that it could be my gallbladder. I have also been dehydrated because it's painful to ge****er in considering that everytime I swallow something the pain attacks me, constipated severely, and sometimes diarrhea out I the blue. I am frequently urinating like crazy. Anyone know what this can be, or has anyone experienced these symptoms?

Member Services
on 5/23/14 6:14 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry for all you are going through.  We suggest you contact your surgeon for assistance.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

lara86
on 5/23/14 6:17 am - Canada

Thanks I will try to get contact of him asap. 

QoftheU
on 5/24/14 6:48 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Yes - this is one of those times to contact a doc asap.  Good luck!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active