Sleeve 10 days out...freaking out a little

AMDRN
on 5/22/14 10:05 am - ft belvoir, VA
with

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to this forum and I am hoping to gain some perspective. I am having the sleeve done on June 3rd. I have been struggling with the same 100-150lbs of excess weight for the last 15 years (gain it, lose, gait it all back). I finally committed to doing something and now as the time gets closer I find that I am a bit scared. Not scared of things that might actually be rational, like complications or death. I am scared to lose my protective fat layer. I have developed a very strong love/hate relationship with this barrier that has allowed me to keep the majority of the world at arms length. I am in therapy and we are working through all of this. I have an amazing husband who is so supportive and a few really good friends. I am struggling with the liquid pre op diet that I am on and am wondering if that means that I won't be successful after surgery. I could really use some guidance from anyone out there who has gone through the surgery with the same reservations? There is a small part of me that is excited, but mostly I am afraid and I don't want to be!

Thank you all in advance!

Laura Loses Lots
on 5/22/14 3:46 pm - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Hi there! I'm sorry but I'm still pre-op and working through my insurance requirements.  I just wanted to drop by and offer some words of encouragement. 

Now,  you're much closer to your surgery than I am,  but I remember having very similar doubts before I even began the process.  

I just decided that the risks were far fewer than staying the size I am now.  I decided that age 26 was as far as I was willing to go at this weight. I decided that the life style changes were worth it and,  in the end,  I knew that couldn't do this without this amazing tool that's now available. 

I hope that this helps you and good luck on your surgery!  

SuziePene
on 5/23/14 4:07 am

My surgery is on the 27th and I am on the liquid diet.  It was very hard the first two days! But now, I don't even notice it.  I think it helps that I am always drinking water and I make sure to have my protein shake on time.  If I wait too long then I start to feel the same way you do.  Hang in there... It is all going to be worth it!!! 

Most Active