Constipation

Castine1234
on 5/24/14 6:56 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Oh my god!  No, I don't want diver.  Definitely will keep on top of it.  Good luck.  Glad you found drugs to help you!

motherof5
on 5/24/14 7:15 am

Thanks for posting. I have a huge bottle of Miralax on my counter now. So, I think i will be good to go.

Monique

HW: 333  CW:286  GW:175

JUST STRIVING TO TAKE CONTROL!

pebtash
on 5/24/14 9:45 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi I take Miralax and Colace 3 per night and Miralax on occasion and I haven't even had the surgery yet. But I take narcotics and can't walk much so I feel like I'm always constipated. Can't wait to see what it's going to be like after surgery.

Castine1234
on 5/25/14 1:52 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Keep on top of it!  My experience was awful!

hanneyalexa
on 5/25/14 3:46 am

I'm sorry to hear that but this two medicine works for me and I know how you feel Castine1234! I am constipated few months ago and it's so painful. I don't want to it to happen again so I am drinking more water now. I also drink some juices and infuse water to increase metabolism. I am in 12 weeks now and I am not suffering from constipation. You can also drink some green tea before bedtime it can help you too.

Castine1234
on 5/25/14 7:39 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Thanks everyone for your info.  What a great group!  I can always count on you for advice mainly because at least some of you have been through whatever trouble I post.  I'm glad to hear that eventually this goes away!  I've increased my water intake along with Miralax and ducolax.  I also think once in a while I'll add juice to my water just to be sure!

Cmarie142008
on 7/24/14 2:38 am

I am going through the same thing right now I tried the fleet enema and it didn't seem to work.. I drank a glass of mirilax and 2 glasses of prune juice and still no luck. I'm in tears writing this post. I get a severe pain like I have to have a bowl movement and it's just black liquid. I called my doctors office back and they told me to go to the ER. I am so scared and this is the worst pain in the world. I'm pretty positive I have myself a fissure from straining so hard. I feel so weak and shakey and just want this to over with. I probably said a hundred prayers in the last 24 hours :( 

Cmarie142008
on 7/24/14 2:40 am

I forgot to mention that I have a hardened stool that is my main problem. I haven't had a bowl movement since last Tuesday.

Braceface
on 7/24/14 3:57 am
RNY on 04/24/14 with

I have suffered from constipation since surgery and have finally figured it out for me. I take Citrucel 2 tabs twice a day to make sure I have enough fiber but most importantly I drink 100 oz. of fluid a day. By the 2nd day of upping my fluids everything has been moving properly and my general wellbeing has improved. Also after two days of increased water intake my weight has started to drop rapidly.  

Castine1234
on 7/24/14 11:33 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Cmarie!My problem was hardened stool also.  I know just what you're going through worse than giving birth. I keep glycerin suppositories on hand just in case.  But I think we need to drink more and take fiber.  I still have problems but nothing like that night.  I hope your relieved by now.  Thinking about you.

Most Active