unwanted hair

shall0927
on 5/24/14 8:46 am

I have a good amount of u wanted facial hair, I've had them lasered several times with little change I have pcod when I loose more weight will the hair stop?? 

jmgrant81
on 5/24/14 9:18 am - deltona, FL

I have the same issue and I am going through laser hair removal, and I think it looks much better.  I have only been 3 times though.

shall0927
on 5/24/14 9:22 am

U are having surgery same day as me right? June 11th?

High weight 342

current weight 315

surgery date 6/11

JerseyCityGal
on 5/26/14 5:09 am - NJ
with

I've had laser hair removal in a few places.  You need 6 sessions a month apart with the intensity going up each time for it to be effective.  Going here and there does nothing.  You'll lose a few hairs, but it's mostly a waste of money unless you do ALL the sessions, a month apart.  

I got really lucky with my underarms though, they were completely hair free after 3 sessions and have stayed that way.  

The laser only works on dark hair.  It won't work on red, blonde, grey or white hair.

shall0927
on 5/26/14 5:34 am

I was told it grows due to my hormones and pcod which is weight related, so if I loose the weight won't the hair stop?

I did have a few sessions about a month apart. It helped some but I still have an issue with it.

JerseyCityGal
on 5/26/14 7:18 am - NJ
with

I'm not a laser "expert" as in a professional, just the ultimate laser consumer, lol.

This is the general lowdown. You get the treatments a month apart because not all hairs are visible or even there all the time.  Your hairs are in various stages of growth. You shed.  The people who get the best results have a lighter skin to darker hair ratio, but some places have lasers that work better on people with darker skin.    

Really unscientific explanation:

PCOS doesn't make your skin generate hair follicles. Everyone is born with as many as they are going to have (naturally anyway).  PCOS affects hair production. The laser destroys the hair follicle IF there is something dark (as in dark hair) in the follicle. If there isn't a hair in the follicle when you get a treatment, nothing happens.  That's why repetitive treatments over an extended period of time produce the best results.  Many of the hairs you see may be hairs that were in the resting phase during previous treatments.

Yeah, weight loss can (and a lot of times does) help with suppressing the hormones that cause the hair growth, but I doubt it will make what you already have go away.  You could always wait and see.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1546 views