Newbie Question

ankinray
on 5/26/14 1:56 am

I'm in the process of setting up my first appointment. Can you help me with expectations?  If I'm self pay and I want the surgery ASAP, how long does the process take? In other words, approx. when can I expect to have the surgery if everything proceeds normally? Thanks! RR

NorthernHusky
on 5/26/14 4:11 am

hi, self pay in mexico? two weeks, just enough time to do a liquid diet.

self pay in canada, a few months, maybe shorter.

with program in canada, a year+

MsBatt
on 5/26/14 4:14 am

It just depends on your surgeon's schedule, what pre-op testing he requires, etc.

MaryKline08
on 5/26/14 4:30 am

Hello! I paid my surgery with cashiers checks, the process was pretty fast. I scheduled my surgery 3 weeks after my first contact with Dr. Kelly's office, I book my flight, start the pre-op diet and I was ready to go!

Best of lucks in your decision!

debbiec53
on 5/26/14 5:53 am

I started a program here in new Hampshire with insurance .  I started jan 9 and had my surgery may 20 so it takes awhile

dragonlove
on 5/26/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

I was self pay and the surgeon didn't require any advance weight loss.  I was able to get all my orientation, nutritionist, labs, testing, and phyc testing done in about 2 weeks.  Had surgery a couple of weeks after that.  I was motivated.  However, depending on your surgeon and your physical issues, if he needs you to lose weight for your liver or heart first you'll have that time to get through.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)