Endoscopy yesterday resulted in CT Scan tomorrow (xpost)

kbb0185
on 5/29/14 2:21 am
RNY on 07/15/14

I had my endoscopy yesterday.  They found a hiatal hernia, and she put on the paper (I was out of it when she actually explained it to me) "Looks like something is pushing in the bottom of your stomach, want to do a CAT scan to confirm its nothing."  So, that freaks me out!  The nurse said that if it was serious, she would have stayed to talk to me and she didn't.  But now I am an anxious mess until the scan tomorrow, and I'm hoping I find something out tomorrow and don't have to wait through the weekend.

I went this morning to have blood drawn and they gave me this HUGE nasty drink!  ICK!

So this RNY will also include;

-gallbladder removal because of gallstones

-hernia repair

Anyone else run into anything like this?

Racewalker48
on 5/29/14 3:52 am
RNY on 02/17/14

They found the hiatal hernia on my endoscopy and it was confirmed when I had my RNY.  I did not need a CT, but then every surgeon has their way of evaluating patients prior to surgery.  They repaired the hernia and completed the RNY.  I had no idea I had a hernia, but it did explain why I had GERD for so long.  Can you ask what the surgeon or radiologist what they will be looking for on CT?  It may help to get more information.  I get your nervousness, consider that they want make sure there is nothing else funky going on that would effect your pending surgery.  I prefer hyper vigilant doctors. 

kbb0185
on 5/29/14 4:35 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Yes, she saw the hiatal hernia in the endoscopy, but just said it appeared that there was something pushing on my lower stomach from the outside, that is the reason for the Cat Scan.  the nurse said it they thought it was a tumor or something serious she would have stayed, that this was just a precautionary test.  But none the less scary!  

kbb0185
on 5/29/14 4:36 am
RNY on 07/15/14

And I have heartburn all the time, so at least that gives an explanation for that part!

56sunShine14
on 5/31/14 1:28 am

well...just be happy she is approaching this from a safety standpoint.  More expense but at least you will know what's going on  Sorta sucks that you have to worry all weekend now.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Racewalker48
on 5/29/14 4:52 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Well then, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is nothing serious......

kbb0185
on 5/29/14 4:53 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Thank you

Mona Mee
on 5/31/14 1:18 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Did you find put anything from the CT? I hope all is well...

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

kbb0185
on 5/31/14 2:01 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Nope, I have to wait until mon/tues :(

kbb0185
on 6/2/14 9:50 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

I found out yesterday that it was nothing!  Just gallstones.  PHEWWW!  Had to harass the office to get the results.  But now its time to schedule surgery!  YAYYYY! :)

Most Active