help will i qualify

riri0301
on 6/4/14 3:46 am - NY

Hello all im new here im 5ft 3 and weigh 210 lbs with bmi of 36 i am going to my seminar on june 12 my heaviest weight was 295lbs nearly 3 yrs ago i managed to get down to the 195 lb range with hard cardio and clean eating with the intention on loosing 35 lbs more. Long story short i have spent the last 3 yrs trying to get the 35lbs off and NO luck!! To top it off i was diagnosed with a painful tumor in my knee which limits my excercise im!now up to 210lbs in 7 months i have nyship empire plan which is great. Insurance but idk if my comorbidities will let me get help i need to not bounce. Back to what i was 

I have depression anxiety. Joint pain from tumor, and i snore like hell but never checked if it was apnea 

Im worried abt the comorbidities i have family history of diabetes cholesterol cancer. High blood pressure arthritis. Any tips advice? help will i qualify?

poet_kelly
on 6/4/14 4:58 am - OH

You'll need to check with your insurance company and find out what they consider comorbidities.  Usually a family history or diabetes or whatever isn't enough.  You have to actually have the condition yourself.  You may need to get tested for sleep apnea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/6/14 1:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The only way to know if you will qualify is to call your insurance and get the information straight from them. Call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask them what their exact requirements are. Or see if you can get a copy of your benefits book (you can often find it online when you log in to your insurance website, or your HR administrator may be able to get you a copy) and that will have the coverage requirements.

As Kelly mentioned, you will need to have the comorbidities yourself, not just in your family. You may need to have testing done to see if you have blood sugar issues (blood test for A1C) or sleep apnea (sleep study), and there may be other requirements as well. Every insurance plan is different, and only the insurance company can tell you exactly what you need.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views