6 MONTH DIET -UGH

pebtash
on 6/9/14 10:49 am
VSG on 11/25/14

I've been considering that for a while now since I don't even live in that town anymore. But I have know her for 14 years she see my whole family and I was taken back by it. I know in today's world people want to get paid for their services and I do understand but I have two insurance companies and what ever one won't pay the other will. I think she just didn't want to be bother.

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 11:16 am - Boca Raton, FL

Hey! I'm brand new here, but your problem sounds like the exact sort of reason why I signed up to Obesity Help. We're trying to get the word out about The Launchpad Project. It's a free 6 month daily health management program covering exercise, nutrition and mental health that you can do on Youtube in the comfort of your own home.

We're just getting the idea off the ground but really really think it's going to help a lot of people, for the exact reasons you've just mentioned! Please take a look and let me know what you think? Does it sound like something you would do and benefit from, and if not, what could we do differently? Thanks! http://igg.me/at/end-obesity

pebtash
on 6/9/14 11:53 am
VSG on 11/25/14

I looked at the program it looks like a good idea. The 6 month diet has to medically supervised for the insurance companies to accept it. That is something you would have to find out. And there are so many insurance companies out there I would think it would take forever to find out if they would accept your program or not. If there is a way for the program to find out what insurance companies will accept it then list on the site which ones do you may get a lot of people to sign up then. Myself every time I call my insurance I get different answers on the same question or they don't know anything at all. However even it your program won't count it still looks like a very good program. Another thing I saw was cardio is there a exercise program you have for disabled people that can do some exercising but can't use their legs very much. Other than that the program look great. I even think it would benefit people who go out of the country for surgery. They would still benefits from the all the professional in the video. Are the professionals in the video experts on bariatric surgery?

ShadowWolf3
on 6/9/14 1:29 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

The hospital I am having my surgery offers the supervised diet for free but if you change hospital to have surgery it cost $500. to transfer the files.  Plus my nutritionist I was seeing before counted towards the 6 months.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 1:31 pm - Boca Raton, FL

Thanks for the feedback this is really helpful! The things you've mentioned about the insurance companies is very interesting and something I'm going to look into immediately. Although, we do  want to make the program free for everyone and we're going to put the videos on Youtube, so I'm not sure how this impacts the insurance issues you've mentioned? Do insurance companies require patients to have one of these 6 months plans you're talking about before they will even pay for the initial WLS? 

Yes we already have some seated workouts for people with limited mobility such as those in wheelchairs on our Youtube channel already. 

Our professionals aren't what you'd call experts on bariatric surgery, but they are recognized experts in their fields, and all have worked with bariatric on many occasions with success. Also the star of the Launchpad Project, Rob G. is a post-op bariatric patient himself who hasn't been able to keep the weight off because he didn't have access to a a program like this. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/14 1:59 pm - OH

The issue is that the insurance companies require a physician to supervise the weight loss attempt.  

Yes, for the insurance companies that require the 6 (or 3) month weight loss program, it is part of the requirements one must meet before they will approve the surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/14 2:01 pm - OH

My insurance company allowed my RNY surgeon to supervise the weight loss... The only thing I needed from my PCP was the weight history and a letter of medical necessity (which, with a BMI over 50, apparently I didn't really need after all)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1283 views