High Protein hot chocolate

Castine1234
on 6/13/14 2:52 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Does anyone have a good recipe or know of an over the counter hot cocoa?

poet_kelly
on 6/13/14 3:08 am - OH

In a cup, mix a scoop of protein powder with an ounce or so of cool water or milk.  Stir until you get a smooth paste. 

Make hot chocolate however you like to make it.  Then stir that protein paste into the hot drink.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eggface
on 6/13/14 8:12 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Sometimes I do No Sugar Added/SF storebought powdered cocoa packets and a few teaspoons of chocolate protein and add warm milk/water slowly while stirring to avoid globules then raise the temp a bit more. If you added too hot a liquid you'd cook the protein too quickly and you'd get chunky globules (not pleasant... occurs mostly with whey proteins) or.... add protein to milk (like you are making a shake) then raise the temp drink as is or add to hot cocoa.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

freckles1973
on 6/13/14 2:18 pm - Canada

I've been using Proti Diet hot cocoa. I mix the recommended serving of 1 and 1/2 scoops with 2 teaspoons of instant coffee. It's like drinking a mochacinno every morning:-)  Its also good just as hot chocolate. I order it either off amazon or diet direct. Per serving..90 cal. 15g protein. 5 net carbs. 

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

MickeyDee
on 6/15/14 7:07 pm

I just use the NSA Nestle's Hot Chocolate and mix it with a scoopful of nf dry milk.  I get 11 or 12 grams of protein and don't have to worry about the clumping problem.  Plus, I can have it hot, rather than lukewarm.  

Makes a nice treat in the evenings.

Castine1234
on 6/16/14 12:30 pm
RNY on 05/06/14

Thanks everyone for all your ideas.  I really appreciate them.

Most Active