July 15th!

kbb0185
on 6/19/14 5:20 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Just got the call from the hospital.  They moved it out four days, but it is still very close.  I am excited, and anxious, and nervous, and terrified, but mostly excited!  I start my pre-op on July 1st, very good date I think.  It is the beginning of the second half of the year, and I am ready to take it on!

What do I do now to ease the nerves?!

Cathy W.
on 6/19/14 11:35 am

Be prepared for a roller coaster of emotions - excitement, worry, were the biggest for me.

You can ease your nerves by journaling your experience.  You could use your OH Blog so you have an online record of your thoughts, emotions and experiences leading up to your surgery and after.
Post here on the Discussion Board and your surgical procedure board.  Ask questions and request support. 

Talk to supportive trusted family and friends about your emotions. 

Check out new WLS-friendly recipes to make a collection that you can use when you've progressed to those foods. 

Best of luck to you.

kbb0185
on 6/19/14 11:29 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Thank you - that is a great idea.  I have been reading so many blogs online that help so much.  I think I will write one today!

JMedlock5186
on 6/19/14 11:58 am - Galway, NY
with

Good luck on your surgery.  It is definitely the best thing I have ever done.

If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.

~Jesse Jackson~

kbb0185
on 6/19/14 11:29 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

That is awesome to hear, it looks like you're doing amazing!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1416 views