Plateau Help

rostoswr
on 6/19/14 10:37 am

Someone please help me...I was sleeved on September 9th and so far I am down 60 pounds.  I hit a plateau a few months ago, that I haven't been able to break even up to now.  I am still not in a healthy BMI.  My surgeon and nutrionist both told me to increase my daily calories, add additional protein shake, work out more, and log my food.  I have been doing all of these things and increased my water intake, but nothing will break this plateau.  My scale usually fluctuates between 190-193 but never goes under 190.  I am concerned and not sure How to proceed and I am becoming discouraged. 

Tracy D.
on 6/20/14 12:02 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You have this x-posted on the VSG board and I responded to you there as well.   Just doing a cut-and-paste into this one...

You'll get a lot of advice and opinions on here.  Here's my two cents - take it for what it's worth:  

• 1200 calories - that's maintenance mode for a lot of VSGers.  Your calories are probably too high, which makes me question what other stuff you're eating. 
  • Water intake is MUCH too low - you need to be getting at least 80-100 oz. per day 
  • Two protein shakes a day - why?   At this far out I can understand one maybe in the morning or before bed but you should be focused on lean meats, eggs, fish and dairy to get your protein. 
  • Carbs - if you want to get off that plateau I would suggest drastically cutting those back to 20-30 per day.  Frankly, 65-75 carbs per day is maintenance mode for a lot of people on here. 
  • I would add a little healthy fat each day - a bit of avocado or a handful of nuts or some butter to your veggies

So, the good news is you know what your maintenance level is now :-)  The bad news is that you want to lose more and you're going to have to do things differently to make that happen.  It's your choice.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1260 views