Chronic pain and no sleep!

Nancy
on 7/5/14 8:14 am - Kasson, MN

I have always had chronic pain.  I got worse after having a leak after surgery, a few car wrecks, many surgeries.     I am not able to take much for medications...... What I was taking worked.  I started seeing a new doctor and they took it away.  I am so tired of seeing doctors.......  I been to neurologists, pain management, psychology.  I just am so frustrated.....

Mary Gee
on 7/5/14 12:13 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
I hear you loud and clear! I have chronic pain too. Just had vsg in May and I'm hoping I get some pain relief as I lose weight. I've got to schedule follow-up appts. with neuro and ortho, etc., etc., etc. I sleep in a recliner due to back pain. So tired of being tired and being in pain. But no matter what, I'm glad I had surgery! Hope things get better for you!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

poet_kelly
on 7/5/14 1:07 pm - OH

I have chronic pain due to degenerative disk disease in my back and fibromyalgia.  I have no pain meds anymore because my PCP won't prescribe them anymore because... well, it's a long story and you probably already know how it goes.  I have been seeing a rheumatologist and am on cymbalta and gabapentin, both of which I think are helping with the fibro pain, but there are still times the pain is really debilitating.  I also think the warmer weather has been helping and am already dreading winter.  I've had plenty of nights I could not sleep due to pain.  It's terrible.  I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Nancy
on 7/6/14 10:29 am - Kasson, MN

I can not take much for medications.... They make me sick!

smilesonu2
on 7/6/14 6:18 am

I hav chronic knee pain and endometriosis.  My surgeon expressed concerns about my NSAID use.  My knee doctor said my knees won't hurt after I loos the weight! which is good but my endometriosis won't have any help.  I also get bad headaches.  These are all concerns I have pre-op.  I wonder what I will do to.  I was thinking pain management would help but it sounds like its not helping you a whole lot.

Nancy
on 7/6/14 10:31 am, edited 7/7/14 1:59 am - Kasson, MN

Birth control is suppose to help with endometriosis.......  Use sports cream or Bengay for your knees!

Most Active