accepting my slow progress...finally

MrsD68
on 7/4/14 10:45 pm

I have lost 45.4 # since my surgery April 15.. I was getting too caught up with hearing all these huge weight losses/ from peoplearound my timeframe....but iI realize, different body types,eating activity..even surgery type are all factors. I look good, fitting clothes I haven't seen for years. I am progressing in my workouts..and have managed to stay off the scale so much. I feel I am successful' for ME.....but everyone is on their own journey...inches are as valuable to me as weight. I started off with a 60 inch waist, which is now a 44!!!! I do my Fluidity barre workout, which I love for the booty !!! Pilate's, sect sect... I still on occasion allow myself sugar...but I don't  dump...my bday I had half a donut. I can live with that... took awhile to get comfortable with my own journey....because I was too involved in other peoples.... finally getting to be grounded with my self.

CindyLSC
on 7/4/14 11:56 pm

I understand you're accepting of your own progress I'm having sort of a similar post op course as you have experienced. Despite increasing my activities and not doing too bad with the fluid intake I stalled at 2 1/2 weeks. And haven't lost anything in the last week at all. I've decided after reading many of the post from previous surgery recipients that it's likely not going to stay this way and I will pick up and start to lose again. Good luck and let's continue to be proud of the progress that we've made and not compare it to everyone else's progress Cindy

sperez2j
on 7/5/14 12:59 am - Austin, TX

I think we all lose differently. I have also come to terms withs my slow weightloss. I'll lose one week then stall for 2.5 . I had surgery April 7, and have lost 37. It's hard not to get caught up in waying yourself all the time, but don't. We just need to keep track of what we're eating , and just keep going. :) I'm sure in a year from now the stalls we have now will just be a memory.

Nancy
on 7/5/14 4:15 am - Kasson, MN

It will continue to come off, be patient!

ShawnaMC
on 7/8/14 5:09 am

Love reading this! It's a great mindset to be in. I hope I can be there when I need to be also. Great example.

Instagram

Most Active