10 years out and gaining, back on here today for motivation!!!Yesterday I weighed in at...

Nay7529
on 7/11/14 11:16 pm - Westbury, NY

Yesterday I weighed in at 186.6. The highest Ive been in 10 years. I am so embarressed. Came on here today for some motivation and possibly some advice. I created a myfitnesspal.com account yesterday and tracked everything I ate honestly and went 290 calories over my caloric allowance for the day. I will try again today to reach my goal but my obsession and complete love affair with food has returned and I feel like I cant stop. I also walked around the park yesterday (.75 miles) which is the most excercise Ive also done in 10 years (no kidding). My question today would be... no carb/higher calories (more FOOD!!) or low calorie/ major restriction to help get some of this weight off? I have completely out-eaten this surgery a long, LONG time ago, I can eat more than a person that has not had surgery. I only late dump very rarely, so thats not even a deterent. Help!!

Karen M.
on 7/11/14 11:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada

If it were me, I would get right back to basics - high protein, very low carb, keeping an eye on fats. Plan your daily menu, track it in myfitnesspal, and stick to it. Glad you came back to OH for support!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nay7529
on 7/12/14 1:38 am - Westbury, NY

Karen, I created a myfitnesspal account yesterday, I went 290 calories over but Im going to try again today. I also walked 3/4 of a mile yesterday and a mile today. Protein here I come.. :(

Kate -True Brit
on 7/12/14 12:01 am - UK

My situation is not dissimilar. I am banded, 8 + years out, like to be about 155, crept up to the high 180s. 

Over the last year, I have started back on track, lost few pounds, gone off track, regained the lost pounds, again and again,

I think, hope, pray, I am back on track. I am eating as I did 8 years ago. I don't consider carbs at all, I just go for under 1200 cals a day, exactly as I did when losing. And I am currently winning, 8lbs gone. For sleeved and bypassed people, losing on 1200 sounds high cal and slow loss. But you say your surgery is not helping now so it might work for you. 

Weigh****chers??

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nay7529
on 7/12/14 1:33 am - Westbury, NY

I find that weig**watchers is not restrictive enough for me, Im an all or nothing kind of person and if you tell me that i can eat pizza and chocolate cake thats exactly what ill do, over and over again. I know if I could eliminate the carbs in my diet I could lose, so that is what I will try. 1200 is high and slow.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/12/14 3:00 am - UK
On July 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM Pacific Time, Nay7529 wrote:

I find that weig**watchers is not restrictive enough for me, Im an all or nothing kind of person and if you tell me that i can eat pizza and chocolate cake thats exactly what ill do, over and over again. I know if I could eliminate the carbs in my diet I could lose, so that is what I will try. 1200 is high and slow.

1200 is high and means slow loss, yes. But if your surgery is not helping you, it is also much more manageable for the rest of your life. The low amounts eaten in the first year or so after surgery for RNY and VSG people would be difficult to maintain without the help of the surgery. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

caraz
on 7/13/14 5:49 am

I am experiencing the same thing. Banded 5.5 years ago now have a issue with an enlarged pouch. I can now eat what I want pretty much and have gained back close to 20 lbs in 8 months. Feel out of control. New doc took all liquid out and wants to see me in 4 weeks. Do you think there is a chance the pouch will go back? I think he knows I will have to have it out but is just delaying telling me. Highest weight 225 lowest 135 now 156 and scared!

Denise R.
on 7/12/14 12:46 am

I just re posted again this morning myself. My surgery was 11 years ago and I lost 267. Since then I have gained an additional 60 back. I am beside myself as reality has set in. Help? I don't know anyone here any more.Need a friend?

Nay7529
on 7/12/14 1:36 am - Westbury, NY

Hey Denise, I responded on the other board, get in touch, maybe we can start over together. You LOST 267? Thats great, 60 pound regain is not that bad, but I definately feel your pain. Im disgusted with myself right now. I cant even look in the mirror and I have nothing that fits me. Im on fb at Renee Thegreenidebandit

Denise R.
on 7/14/14 5:15 am

I tried to search for you on f/b with no luck. ???

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1493 views