Anyone from Oklahoma??

spreble21
on 7/25/14 3:07 am - Yukon, OK

Anyone that has had WLS in OKlahoma?  Would like to hear about your experiences and what dr you used.  Thanks in advance! 

Chelley0285
on 7/25/14 4:08 pm
Revision on 12/16/14

Hi. I'm from OK. I had WLS in 2005 but I used a physician in Mexico because I had to pay out of pocket. I had good medical insurance, but it did not cover bariatric surgery. I had a good experience, but the lap band didn't help me much. I never hit the "sweet spot" on fills. I lost 30 lbs then gained it back. Currently I'm in the process seeing a surgeon in N. Texas and meeting pre-op requirements for revision from a band to a sleeve, but the surgical coordinator has retracted her original claim that my current provider, Medicare, would pay for the revision. I meet all the guidelines for the sleeve, but they are now asking me to pay out of pocket for the removal of the band. Sigh. I know this probably isn't the type of post you were looking for, but I have seen it several times on the board since you posted it without any response. Did you check the forum for Oklahoma? Wishing you the best.

Most Active