Here's how to act like a child

shoutjoy
on 7/30/14 10:07 am - Culpeper, VA

“You're feeling energized lately but you couldn't possibly do that - you're too old. Here's how to act like a child.”

Now we might not emulate Tina Turner in a skin-tight leather mini and stacked heels singing rock n' roll when we're 60, or even trek through dangerous territory internationally for a story like 52 year old Ann Curry does, but what their examples show are you're never too old for ___ (you fill in the blank). Granted, once you reach a certain age you might not get accepted into the military, qualify as an Olympi**** skater, or get the lead in "Annie," but if you're healthy and up for the challenge, what can you do? Run a marathon, skate, Jet Ski, hike, or maybe jump rope in your driveway? Instead of saying, "I'm too old to...," try, "I can ____." You're never too old to try something that will keep you feeling young.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

HarvestMoon1974
on 7/30/14 9:02 pm - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

Going on the Ferris Wheel with my sons, and singing and dancing to the music at the fair. I couldn't ride the ferris wheel when I was MO, and I just wouldn't have been caught dead, singing and dancing in public lol

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

NHwahine
on 7/31/14 2:08 am
RNY on 06/30/14

Great topic!  I'm 42 and I have been MO since my early 20's. There is so much I've always wanted to do but never could. The thing I want most to do is surfing. I was always too fat (no way could I "pop up" to a standing position from being on my belly...on a board on the water!) I had RNY 6/30 and I can't wait to get my balance and upper body strength back so I can finally do what I've been longing to do.

Thanks for the uplifting post!

43 years old. 5'8" tall  HW 320 (BMI 48.7) SW 268 (BMI 40.7) CW 198 (BMI 30.0)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1425 views