Question on the Ninja blender

Lisa167
on 8/4/14 1:53 am
VSG on 08/14/14

it depends on what you want to do. :-)

Just mix up a protein shake with milk or water?  I find the blender bottles work great.

My standard blender is just too big and heavy to use every day.  It also doesn't consistently crush the ice to the texture I want.

So I did suck it up and get a Ninja a week or so ago, because I like my protein drinks icy cold.  It does an awesome job.  Quick and easy, and clean up is a snap.  Hubs is stalking it...I'm scared. ;-)

My colleague has had two new bullets fail on him (sparks, etc) almost right out of the box in the last month or so.  He then got a Ninja.  No problems.  That's what pointed me to a Ninja instead of a Bullet.

However my sister-in-law has had a Bullet for at least a year or more with no issues.  From what I've read in on-line reviews, this issue is recent.  Maybe a bad run of them?

Not knocking the Bullet, but if you're going to buy, do some research.

I'd love a Vita-mix, but my wallet and counter space is limited, lol.  Maybe someday.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/14 2:33 am

if you decide to buy it - try ebay or local craigslist. much cheaper

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/4/14 5:32 am, edited 8/4/14 5:32 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Consider the Ninja Food Processor instead.  It's about $50 and does everything the blender can do.  I use mine all the time.

Ninja from Amazon

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

CdngirlinNC
on 8/4/14 10:48 pm

Love my Ninja - especially the single serve containers (mine came with the large pitcher and 2 single serve blender cups).  It blends frozen fruit or ice into a protein shake beautifully as well as blends meat to a smooth puree (I'm still in puree stage for meats).  The large size of the pitcher is super useful for homemade soups that you will need to blend down to a smooth consistency for a while.  It is used many times each day in my household and performs flawless.  And no, I do not work for the Ninja company!

VSG 07/07/14