Day 4 of new life

TheNewT
on 8/6/14 10:49 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

I had VSG Monday morning. This is my first day at home. I've made my 8 oz protein shake. It is taking me about an hour and fifteen minutes to finish. Is this a good/normal rate of consumption?

Also, I am not sleeping well. I wake up about every hour. Ugh!

I know it will get better.... yes?!?! 

emckechnie
on 8/10/14 5:35 am - West Sacramento, CA

Nothing at all unusual in taking that long to drink 8 oz. That's a good thing! Baby your new stomach and take your time. As time goes on, you'll speed up some, but cherish the slowness and don't pu****

About the sleeping, after my husband had an RNY surgery we had ordered a medical bed for him in case he had trouble sitting up. I ended up sleeping in it because hubby would sleep in 2-3 hour increments, then toss and turn and finally get up, then come back to bed a few hours later, starting the process all over. That lasted for about three weeks or so before he settled down. I just had RNY a month ago and I tend to stay up really late and have trouble getting to sleep, then nap in the afternoon. So, no, this is perfectly normal. If you can't sleep, get up and read a book and go back to sleep when you feel tired. This is your healing time right now. Just go with it.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1289 views