stall... already.... what!!!!!!

MKing214
on 8/11/14 11:39 am - omaha, NE

I had open ds  on July 9th.  Was enjoying steady weight loss now for almost  2 wks no movement on the scale. How long do stalls normally  last?  Isn't  this early  for a stall?  I thought these  happened further out. 

Bette B.
on 8/11/14 12:36 pm

Stalls/plateaus are sneaky little *******s. You don't know when they'll come, and you don't know when they'll end. My best suggestion for you is to keep doing everything right and - hard as it is! - wait it out. I had one my second month out from surgery and in a month I lost ONE freaking pound. When the stall ended, I lost something like 7 pounds in a day and a half.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 8/11/14 5:06 pm - UK

Use the search for two week stall, three weeks still, early stall etc..  You will be reassured by the literally hundreds of posts saying this.  A stall is a oeriod of no loss which lasts for several weeks or months. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kheinz
on 8/11/14 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I lost the first week, eighteen pounds and then had almost a two week stall.  This morning I lost two more pounds!  Just trust what you are doing.  It will happen!

Cathy W.
on 8/11/14 11:46 pm

Try to look at your weight loss long term.  Not just now but think about it, for example - one year from today.  Focus on what you're doing since your surgery and try to stay off the scale for a couple of weeks. 

Keep doing what you're doing and outlast the stall. 

Most Active