endoscopy today

epre361706
on 9/3/14 6:21 am
RNY on 01/09/15

Hi, I had an endoscopy today and the doctor said my stomach looks like hamber from taking IBprotein for so long for my arthurtis.  She gave me two perscriptions and told me to come see her in two weeks.  I was hoping to have my RNY date today : (

What does everyone take instead of IB?  Anyone have this happen?  I had acid reflex surgery years ago and I dont have problems with my stomach. Thank you guys for your help

56sunShine14
on 9/3/14 7:58 am

I started on medication for my osteo arthritis in 2001.  I was on Vioxx first but it was pulled from the market.  I have been on Mobic (generic is called Meloxicam) since then.  My last endoscopy was in 2007, just prior to my lap band been inserted and there was no problem then.  I will be having another before having the sleeve done (the band was removed in July) so hopefully, the stomach will be in good shape then as well.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

epre361706
on 9/3/14 1:05 pm
RNY on 01/09/15

Thank you , I just looked it up and it is a NSAID like IB and you can't take them with the RNY.  Thank you again and good luck with your Sleeve

Most Active