Iron deficiency in Men...

robo_petz
on 9/7/14 9:27 am - Ewa Beach, HI

Hey Y'all,

Well I did my labs..... surprisingly majority of them was good (I always forget to take my daily supplements). But, to my surprise my iron was so low that I am now considered anemic. So she recommended I take the iron drops. Just thought I would share with y'all. BTW I am 9 yrs out.

323/170/175  I'm @ GOAL!!! Wooohooo  =)

Since my Tummy Tuck im now under my goal ???

If you can dream it, you can do it.  Live your dreams !!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Vegan/discussion/ <-- Join this group 

poet_kelly
on 9/7/14 9:32 am - OH

It's not that surprising.  The ASMBS recommends 36 mg elemental iron a day for men (and women that don't menstruate).  If you took a good multi twice a day, you'd probably get that much.  But if you always forget your daily supplements, then you haven't been getting that.

Did you get a complete set of labs?  If you've been forgetting your daily supplements, you may also be deficient in things like vitamin A, zinc, copper, thiamine and B6, which some docs don't order routinely unless you ask them to.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hollykim
on 9/7/14 11:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

ppl on vegan diets are often anemic.

White Dove
on 9/7/14 11:18 am - Warren, OH

Missing supplements is asking for problems.  I bought a Medicenter with talking alarm.  I fill up the containers once a month and get reminded for each set of pills. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends