Well...it has been determined, sleep apnea

56sunShine14
on 9/9/14 2:26 am

I got the results of my testing yesterday.  I do have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and actually stopped breathing 54 times that night.  CRAP!  But, I know the silver lining is there as it is a strong co-morbidity needed for insurance approval along with my high BMI.  I will take the good with the bad.  Especially since, after surgery, I might lose my new found co-morbidity due to weight loss.  Hopes and prayers.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Member Services
on 9/9/14 4:16 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry to hear this, but as you said this may help you get the surgery you need. Be sure and use the machine during your sleep so you will get the oxygen you need.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing

qtrfan
on 9/11/14 6:08 am - Blue Grass, IA

The CPAP machine was the best thing that ever happened to me.  Even after I lost 100 lbs, the OSA did not go away, so don't count on that for sure.  Once piece of advice I can offer about the CPAP machine, make sure it fits properly or you will not use it.  I tried to use it once before and failed miserably.  After my doctor kept bugging me, I had another sleep study.  I told the sleep tech of my previous failure, and she said she would make sure it worked this time.  And she did.  If you cannot tolerate the machine, there is a strong possibility it is not fitted properly.  Don't give up if it seems difficult at first.

You will not believe how much better you will sleep and feel during the day.

Most Active