One more requirement met

56sunShine14
on 9/13/14 10:25 am

Well, I have met with the PA, the Nutritionist (Nut-for the newbies) :), and now the Psych.  They said I will be given the green light and the next step is with the team.  My blood work is good, I have gone to the first support group and think I will stay with that.  And, to help me get through the reasons of how I became obese in the first place, I will be making the first appointment with a counselor this week.

Finally, I feel I am really going to be doing this! 

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Missourimedic
on 9/13/14 9:41 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Way to go!! Keep up the forward movement!!! YOu will get there in no time trust me. I am 21 days per-op and it has not completely set in yet. The Per-op diet is hard but is a good learning lesson. Keep us posted and I'll do the same.  

56sunShine14
on 9/14/14 12:51 am

Thanks Missourimedic.  I do find myself purposefully choosing better and better eating habits.  It's more like getting back to what I did naturally for 6 years with the lap band so that is an advantage I have.  But, it is still difficult to readjust to, as with everyone.

My biggest thing now is getting back to (and I never should have stopped) chewing, chewing, chewing.  It has been nice to find out that if something slips through, it will not cause me to bring it back up as it was with the band.  So, I enjoyed that change but now have to get back to that rule.

Yes, we will keep in touch about our successes.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active