I need Help!

Texas Girl
on 9/16/14 5:06 am

I am nearly 200 lbs... I want to get back on track and lose my weight again. any tips are truly needed, even a bit of tough love!

Thanks

Texas Girl (Connie)

Kate -True Brit
on 9/16/14 6:17 am - UK

It can be done!  I have just lost a 28lb regain. I am no better, no stronger than you! My band helps me but not as much as some other surgeries help. I assume you still get some help from your bypass, the rest is all down to your determination. 

IMO, so long after surgery, we have learned how easy it is to eat badly and gain weight. The only way to get back is to get in the right mindset! Whatever that takes for you! Mine was two things - a health scare and the fact I was going to have to go and buy new, larger clothes if I didn't get my act together! 

I know that was "only" 28lbs but I have in fact decided to keep going and lose another 8 or so to give me some wriggle room.

Can you identify a serious reason? Something to really motivate you.  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Member Services
on 9/16/14 7:03 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Texas Girl,

You have already taken the first important step by saying enough is enough.  Try getting back to the basics for your surgery type.  There is also a great group here for getting back on track.  Here are the links:

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Back On Track Together

Take it one day at a time, you can do it and we are here to help!