fitbit?

mellabella115
on 9/15/14 7:26 pm - North York, Canada

So I see a lot of people talking about this little thing and now I want one lol....just curious what models are recommended. ..i am pre op but would like to do my research now so I can start using it right away....thanks

Bette B.
on 9/15/14 11:02 pm

I have a Flex (wristband) and have had it a little over a year. LOVE IT. I don't use it for everything (I don't track my sleep, for example) and I don't use the computer app to track my food (just don't have the time - life is too short.) But I love tracking my daily steps. They will email you weekly with a progress report. For example, this week I had 71,000+ steps, equal to 32.58 miles and burned 20,000+ calories.

Using the website, you can log your food, as I said, but also your workouts and any other exercise, like snow shovelling, if you can find a website that lists the calorie burn for that exercise.

This one was about 90 dollars in 2013, before their newer version came out. It's probably less now. And I opted for the wrist band instead of the clip on because I was afraid of losing the clip on.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

mobailey68
on 9/15/14 11:42 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

I too love my Fitbit Flex. I wear it all of the time. I also have it synced to myfitnesspal. It shows how many calories I have burned during my very active minutes. I however do not eat those calories back. It is a great tool for motivating me. Last night I got my 20,000 steps in one day badge! Next step 25,000 steps.

There is a new one out by Garmin that I believe is about the same price but does a bit more. It reminds you when you haven't been moving for a while and actually shows you how many steps you have taken during the day. The fitbit flex only shows you progress. I do like the flex because it isn't big or bulky and you can get different colored bands.

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

bikrchk
on 9/16/14 4:36 am

I use Garmin's Vivo Fit. It's a real "watch" with a year long battery, so you basically never have to take it off.  It works with the optional heart rate strap for workouts, or you can use it alone if all you care about it the pedometer function.  It does a one touch sync of your activity to GarminConnect (their cloud app) that can be configured to shoot the data over to My Fitness Pal for automatic logging\calorie correction if you want.  LOVE IT!

Sweat is fat crying

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1459 views