feeling a VOID, VS filling a VOID...

Bonnie250
on 9/28/14 7:48 am, edited 9/28/14 7:54 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Since my WL journey began, I have noticed long Sundays( like today) seem sort of "empty." What i mean by that is i used to be so FOCUSED on FOOD,  Example: Going out for breakfast, or planning a nice fattening dinner, or....It just seems like my world has been centered around FOOD and what to EAT for so long, i feel a VOID of some sort.  I am so happy that i no longer feel driven to EAT like i did. My relationship with food IS changing. But, Its not been fast. Its been sort of slow. I know i am only a little over a month out of surgery, but My life has changed so much...Yes, certainly for the better! Ive lost 40 lbs (including my preop loss) and exercise about every day for an hour, has become a regular part of my daily routine. these are accomplishments i am proud of, but i still sometimes feel that weird VOID I am not used to.  I find it happily amazing how since July when i started my pre op diet in preparation for WLS, I havent had any fast food,fried food,junk food, chips,cakes,cookies etc... And I really dont crave it anymore...that amazes me!! Food is well, JUST food...Its not my driving force anymore...and that feels a little strange, great but very different from so many years of just eating whenever and whatever I wanted... well i will stop rambling ....Just some thoughts....

Bonnie

Gwen M.
on 9/28/14 7:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I spend about 2 hours on Sunday exercising now, and that's good for me!  Plus I still plan meals and grocery shop, so I get to be pretty busy.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/14 10:43 pm
RNY on 08/26/14

This is an absolute fabulous post Bonnie! I am so happy with your progress and so proud of you. It is great that you feel this way about food now. Not having ANY of that since JULY is GREAT! Exercising for an hour a day, fabulous!! Keep up the great work Bonnie, you are a force to be reckoned with! *hugs*

Bonnie250
on 9/30/14 5:48 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Awww, Thanks so much....I sure feel better about things in general....this is all a huge adjustment. I guess i didnt realize just how huge. It amazes me daily...((hugs)) back atcha!

Bonnie