How did/do you get your water in?

hl1524
on 10/16/14 11:27 pm - Austin, TX

I have been struggling so hard with getting water in.  I must have some mental block that prevents me from getting all of my fluids.  I have mio, crystal light, and so many other enhancers that don't taste good to me.  I've tried a variety of teas(decaffeinated) and I can't find anything that I'm thrilled to drink.  Cold water is super harsh on my pouch so I've been letting some just sit out for a little while till it gets room temperature and that's ok.  Drinking is such a chore now :(   

Any tricks or suggestions?

RNY 8/27/2014

Valerie G.
on 10/17/14 12:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Keep trying different flavors and temperatures until you find a good fit.  Nothing will delight you - so find what sucks less and stick with it.  I had a giant 64oz cup that I carried with me everywhere.  I took a sip before i did anything and another sip after I did it.  I made drinking games to get through it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jefferytmc
on 10/17/14 12:40 am

Not sure how far out you are from surgery.

When I first had surgery, cold water really bothered me, so I just drank room temp water.  But now, at 8 months out, cold does not bother me.  I have a 52oz Bubba Keg that I fill with ice and water before I leave the house and I drink it all morning and into the afternoon.  If I empty it, I go down and refill before I leave work.  Once I get home, I refill again to finish out the evening.

I am not doing anything other than straigh****er. I do not like flavored waters, crystal light is fine, but I just prefer water.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

hl1524
on 10/17/14 12:49 am - Austin, TX

I am about 6 weeks out.  I guess I should put that some where in my signature.  

RNY 8/27/2014

Kate -True Brit
on 10/17/14 1:19 am - UK
On October 17, 2014 at 7:49 AM Pacific Time, hl1524 wrote:

I am about 6 weeks out.  I guess I should put that some where in my signature.  

If you put your surgeon and surgery etc on your profile, they will appear at the top right of every post you make.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Sunshine40
on 10/17/14 8:01 am

I am going on 8 weeks and I still am having a hard time getting my water in, but I keep hearing that it will get better. 

Kate -True Brit
on 10/17/14 1:18 am - UK

I'm not byassed but this is something many find hard.  You just have to keep trying until you find something you find is OK - maybe even nice!  My standbys are

lemon and ginger infusion

peppermint infusion

ordinary tea

and (oh dear) large skinny lattes. 

And I don't know US brands but we have done really nice ones which are nothing but spring water and fruit juice. Just enough juice to give a gentle flavour so very low cal and nothing artificial at all. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

HLen
on 10/17/14 3:00 am
RNY on 07/11/14

When I'm not "feeling" plain water, I drink Hin****er... 0 everything, no fake sweeteners, it has a great semi fruit taste.  That helps me get in my liquids.  

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

LISER617
on 10/17/14 6:29 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I actually read this on an OH thread have used it myself.... i drink a bottle of water before i have breakfast. Then I drink another bottle before i let my self have lunch and then dinner and before bed.  by the end of the day i drank 4 bottles at 16 oz each thats 64 oz a day.

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/14 6:47 am

My daughter and I bought a tea traveler you use loose tea.I liked it in when I was having a hard time getting in my water.I love peppermint tea.I had a hard time drinking cold liquids but warm seemed to help.

Most Active