Hey OH Mods what's up with the spamming?

ladygodiva1228
on 10/28/14 5:11 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Why is it that some people are allowed to post pages and pages of useless and hard to dribble? 

Yet if someone tells them to "get a life"  or says they are spamming that person gets moderated and not the person who is doing all the posting? 

Are we playing favorites here?  Allowing only certain people to break the rules?

Do you ever think that those who spam are just trying to stir the ****   Remember those who stir the **** get to lick the spoon first.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

rocky513
on 10/28/14 6:11 am - WI

Yep... no such thing as fairness on OH.  I'm afraid this is a classic case of " the squeeky wheel gets the grease".   I saw the post you are referring to and there was NOTHING nasty that needed to be moderated.  I call BS.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Member Services
on 10/28/14 7:07 am - Irvine, CA

We don't play favorites!  The TOS is the same for anyone using OH.  When it comes to removing posts our team members take care in being objective.  The thread is reviewed and any posts in question are run through the TOS as a filter.  Our only goal is for all members to obtain the support and education that is the mission of OH.  If you have concerns about "playing favorites" we want you to email us.  Member privacy is a top priority for us so we won't be able to disclose information about another member but we seriously discuss as a team any member concerns. 

If a member (or members) believe a membership account is a spam account, please let us know.  We actively research spam accounts and remove them regularly. 

If a member believes a post was written in compliance with TOS and was unfairly removed, we encourage members to contact us. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/28/14 8:42 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/28/14 9:16 am, edited 10/28/14 9:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The ToS may be the same, but I'm skeptical that the interpretation is the same.

Ex: The wording "personal attack" may be in the ToS, but there's a lot of wiggle room in what is actually considered to be personal. Recounting another poster's own words? Telling someone that they are giving incorrect information? Suggesting a poster seek a second opinion or take a breather? I've seen posts in each category that have and have not been moderated.

If OH's goal is to "support and educate," then arbitrarily removing advice to that physical and/or emotional end ("a random person on the internet should not tell you what vitamins to take" or "you're very worked up, take a break") because it might hurt someone's feelings is rather counterproductive.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 10/28/14 11:10 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

ladygodiva1228
on 10/29/14 3:51 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM Pacific Time, Member Services wrote:

We don't play favorites!  The TOS is the same for anyone using OH.  When it comes to removing posts our team members take care in being objective.  The thread is reviewed and any posts in question are run through the TOS as a filter.  Our only goal is for all members to obtain the support and education that is the mission of OH.  If you have concerns about "playing favorites" we want you to email us.  Member privacy is a top priority for us so we won't be able to disclose information about another member but we seriously discuss as a team any member concerns. 

If a member (or members) believe a membership account is a spam account, please let us know.  We actively research spam accounts and remove them regularly. 

If a member believes a post was written in compliance with TOS and was unfairly removed, we encourage members to contact us. 

I have been on OH for numerous years almost since the beginning.  I have seen the good, the bad, and the very ugly of OH.  I remember the surgery wars that were none stop for days/weeks at a time.  I remember some folks that would "make friends" with someone only to stab them in the back and create drama on the boards. 

I also remember when OH did not allow folks to make post after post of senseless medical and research articles.  When did that change? 

How is that some seem allowed to do what they want even if they are reported, but others whom have been here for just as long as myself get moderated for not patting people on the back saying "of course your ok for eating those twinkies at 2 weeks out'?   I really do think the TOS of OH are tweeked for some.

Most Active