People are rude

Ladytazz
on 10/29/14 10:40 am

You are too funny.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

ladygodiva1228
on 10/29/14 9:19 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Nothing rude in this. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Kate -True Brit
on 10/30/14 5:56 am - UK

Nothing rude at all. Nothing!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

TempiB
on 11/3/14 11:20 pm - Corsicana, TX
RNY on 03/24/14

I have seen some very rude comments on these forums that seem to attack the person rather than the person's behavior but your response absolutely does not fit into that category.  As a matter of fact, I went back and reread just the part in pink to get the flow of your original post and it almost came across as gentle to me.  You were asking some very good questions that she really does need to answer for herself.  I say dust yourself off and move on from this thread.  You didn't do anything wrong in your reponse to her. 

HW:303   SW:297

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 3:58 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with
T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/30/14 8:11 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I didn't see anything rude in the ladytazz post. There have been posts in the past urging people to be nice, & people in general have been. I really haven't seen any posts by people trying to be nasty. I think most people are coming from a good place when responding to a post but it varies whether the receiver sees it that way. People are people & not everyone will give support wrapped up in a bow. It could be that the info you got was too much for you to take.

Please look into everything on your part when it comes to revision surgery, it's possible you picked the wrong surgery for you when you started your weight loss journey, but you still have to adhere to the program. Your tool is only 1 tool in the arsenal of tools you'll need to lose & maintain the loss. You've lost the weight b4, losing isn't the problem, maintaining is. It's hard, I haven't reached maintenance yet, but I know finding the right balance will be a challenge. Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

fancybrowneyes
on 11/4/14 4:03 am

I know how you feel, being disabled in a wheelchair overweight live totally alone with no friends no support system whatsoever not even online help because others simply ignore my posts or pretend it does not exist, I just sit and cry been to doctors doctors doctors, am diabetic so no fat pass these lips fruits, veggies, grains, fish healthy fish baked, no fried foods am past the age for any surgery, doctors won't take the chance because of my blood pressure, got some kind of growth inside my abdomen have had xrays, sonogram, etc they say it is not a tumor, not cancerous they feel it may just be hanging fat I have not had a date in 16 years men do not see me they only see the fat and the wheelchair, I have tried everything am on ssi and disability so the insurance won't pay for liposuction or any of that, basically their message to me is you stuck with your fat, we not going to help you because you are poor black and don't mean nothing so just hurry up and die you just in the way, just wanted you to know someone understands you, and I hope things work out for you honey, we can be strong so long but once in a while we just need for someone to say hey, I understand and I care, I wish you the best of luck, GOD bless you.

Janice25
on 11/4/14 3:33 pm

I hate to point to you that the very diet that you follow may be what is killing you. "no fat pass these lips fruits, veggies, grains, fish healthy fish baked, no fried foods".

Latest studies show that fat is really good for us. The grains, and fruits and low fat diet may be causing all the issues.  I had RNY but I need to follow low carb - higher fat diet to really feel good and maintain.

google that. Check dr Berstein  diabeteics solution...

plus check fat is good for us...

Micah
on 11/7/14 11:05 pm - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

first of all I just want to tell you how happy I am to see your post! and secondly I agree one hundred percent!! I am new here and I have read so many post that have negative responses. from what I was told places of this nature are for people to get support! I have and will think twice before I post my feelings on here witch then makes me wonder why am I on here!??? I mean isn't that what this is for...." THESE IS NO CRYING IN WLS" Is that person serious! any way its nice to see other people feel this comments are not wanted and or needed!

MsBatt
on 11/8/14 12:08 am

Have you actually READ Leilani's post titled "There's No Crying in WLS"? If not, then do a search and read it NOW. It's chock-full of good info.

Support doesn't mean patting folks on the head and telling them the crazy stuff they're doing is okay, when it's not. True support is giving people the truth, even when it's something they don't really want to hear. Blowing smoke up someone's butt doesn't do them a damned bit of good in the long run.

Most Active