6months not 7

Oliviawashere
on 11/20/14 12:48 am

I am just always one of those 2nd guessers. Worry Warts, may have you! haha. I got a letter saying I was eligible for surgery. I completed my steps of 6 months diet program & psychologoical eval. I was told I may have to do a 7 month for weight loss (from the surgeons office) so it was a complete 6 months, not just 6 months of recorded weights. However all that was submitted was 6 months of recorded weights, and I was still approved, so I was wondering if they would turn around and deny me, if I didn't have 6 full months of weight loss.

poet_kelly
on 11/20/14 2:09 am - OH

Usually it is six months of the diet, so seven visits to the doctor for that. 

When you say you were approved, you mean your insurance approved you?  Without having done the sleep study yet?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Oliviawashere
on 11/20/14 4:43 am

Yes, My surgeon called me to tell me I was approved for the Gastric Sleeve & I got a copy of the letter they sent to the surgeon saying I was eligible for the service. My insurance does not require a sleep study for the gastric sleeve, my surgeon does.

Most Active