Getting closer

melody S.
on 11/25/14 3:56 am - Morgantown, WV

This time last year, I was working on getting WLS, but the woman in charge of scheduling at my surgeon's office kept putting me off, ignoring my calls, and not returning emails. I had had a one-year long supervised diet with my GP, but due to the woman's stalling, it expired and I had to restart. I'll be finished with it in January. I had all my evaluations done a year ago, but I was told that they expired after six months, so I needed to know what ones are still valid, and which I need to redo. So you can imagine it was with some trepidation that I called my surgeon's office to see what I needed. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the woman I had had so much trouble with has left, and been replaced with a woman who actually knows what she is doing! I spoke to her today, and found that one of my evals is still valid, and she took care of scheduling the ones I still need. I'd had to do that myself last year. I'm now letting myself feel hopeful that in a few months, I will be having surgery. I've worked for it for the last three years, and dammit, it's going to happen!

Tanya H.
on 11/25/14 4:34 am
VSG on 01/20/15

I understand your frustration. I had an HMO, with a primary care physician who did not support my decision. She constantly gave me the run around and would not approve my referrals. I had to wait 1 year to change insurance. Then, I had to do a 6 month WL program. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

Luvmygs
on 11/25/14 5:25 am
VSG on 12/04/14

All in good time!

Most Active