Overflowing with mucus!

DGolsan
on 12/1/14 8:45 pm - Carrollton, TX

Okay, I know the subject title is sort of gross, but so is the issue.  I am 2 months out of a RNY Revision.  Surgery went great.  About 2 weeks post op, I developed Bronchitis.  Bad!  My body went into overdrive producing mucus.  It hasn't stopped!  My little pouch is so full of that that there is no room for food or liquids!  Has anyone had anything like this happen?  My PCP can find no medical reason.  I am taking Allegra, but that is not helping.  Vitamins, protein, food, does not stay down all the time, not even water.  This is not how I had planned my second chance!

D.D. Golsan

Valerie G.
on 12/1/14 10:02 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Allegra helps allergies.  Mucinex clears out mucus.  Try mucinex instead.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

NYMom222
on 12/2/14 7:25 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes try plain Mucinex- not the Mucinex D or anything else they have.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

DGolsan
on 12/2/14 7:59 am - Carrollton, TX

I started with Mucinex, but I don't have thick mucus, sort of the opposite and it seemed to magnify the problem.  PCP suggested Allegra, Surgeon says Sudefed. 

D.D. Golsan

Chilipepper
on 12/2/14 2:03 pm

I would take Sudafed to dry it up

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

White Dove
on 12/3/14 12:25 pm - Warren, OH

The old time doctors used to prescribe syrup of ipecac for that.  The vomiting would clean it all out.  That might be a terrible thing to do your pouch though.  The first time I took Mucinex after surgery it made me dizzy.  Whatever you do, clear it with your doctor first and make sure you are at home and hopefully have someone with you.  Just like alcohol, taking some medicines after RNY surgery can have enhanced effects.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1456 views