State by state obesity treatment coverage charts for Medicaid

Eggface
on 12/19/14 10:08 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Thought I'd share this resource for those that need it, have friends that might or like me like to know what my state is doing to help treat and reduce obesity. STOP Obesity Alliance's research team has conducted this annual analysis of Medicaid coverage for obesity prevention and treatment (so behavioral therapy, nutritional counseling, obesity medications and bariatric surgery) for each state. Private insurance looks to the standard set by Medicaid.

State by state obesity treatment coverage charts for Medicaid

http://www.stopobesityalliance.org/wp-content/themes/stopobe sityalliance/pdfs/Medicaid%20FFS%20Treatment%20of%20Obesity% 20Interventions%202014.pdf

I encourage you to join do 2 things... Join the Obesity Action Coalition www.obesityaction.org to join in the fight for increased access to all forms of obesity treatment (among other awesome initiatives the OAC pioneers... like the Your Weight Matters National Convention www.YWMConvention.com being held in San Antonio TX August 13-16, 2015 a great educational event (super important to me each year but especially this year as I am the chair of the Convention committee), creating really excellent free materials for support groups, general public to educate them about obesity, fight weight bias, providing representation in Washington for those of us affected by obesity... great stuff. It's $20/yr you get a great magazine too. Beyond worth it.

OK end of the year soap box over ;) OAC has 50,000 members. I'd love to see another zero ;) 93 million people in the US affected by overweight or obesity and they (WE) need to have a voice.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Hislady
on 12/20/14 5:34 am - Vancouver, WA

This should be a stickey at the top of the page since this gets asked on a regular basis here!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/20/14 5:52 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On December 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:

This should be a stickey at the top of the page since this gets asked on a regular basis here!

I agree!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

soldiersxbabygirl
on 12/29/14 12:33 pm - Cibolo, TX

See you at the YWM conference in my (new) hometown of San Antonio this year.  I'm very excited for it!

~ Renae

~*Renae*~ Open RNY 8/3/04 **  (rockmyskinnyjeans on MFP)
Post-op Mommy x 2 (Krysten 12/1/05 Tyson 10/3/08) 334/303/136/135

Friend me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/airmansxprincess

Most Active